You’ve heard of CBD, but did you know there’s dozens of other cannabinoids that also provide amazing benefits?
A lot of people haven’t. Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of many cannibinoids present in lower quantities within hemp and marijuana plants. We feel it’s important to share the benefits of CBG and incorporate these amazing cannabinoids into our products.
What is CBG?
CBG is a lesser known cannabinoid that comes with its own string of unique benefits and effects. It’s also considered to be the precursor to other cannabinoids. This is because CBG-A, the acidic form of CBG, breaks down to form the other cannabinoids (CBD, THC, etc) when it’s heated.
Like CBD, CBG is non-psychoactive, which means it won’t get you “high” in the same sense that THC would.
What CBG is most hailed for, is it’s use as a pain reliever. Some believe that CBG’s pain relief effects can be even greater than CBD or THC.
Additionally, CBG has been known to have a range of antibiotic and mood regulating effects, acting as a mild antidepressant.
CBG Health Benefits: Conditions It Helps Treat
Like CBD, CBG is a safe, non addictive supplement that’s been researched to help improve a variety of health conditions, including:
- Cancer: A 2014 study looked at colon cancer in rats and concluded that CBG might reduce the growth of cancer cells and other tumors.
- Glaucoma: It’s been well researched that medical cannabis seems to effectively treat glaucoma. What’s interesting is that CBG might be the cannabinoid partly responsible for its efficiency, as it targets and reduces intraocular pressure.
- Chron’s Disease & Psoriasis: CBG provides natural relief for inflammatory bowels, making it a great natural remedy for helping patients with Chron’s disease and other inflammations like Psoriasis and IBS. Additionally, the cannabinoid has been found to have anti-nausea and anti-emetic effects, which is effective for daily management.
How to Safely Take CBG
While side effects of CBG rarely occur, it’s important to understand safe dosage and ingestion methods.
Like all supplements and cannabinoids, the benefits of CBG will affect each person differently, so it’s important to start small with dosage, understand the effects, then gradually adjust as needed.
The most popular ways of ingesting CBG are in oils, tinctures or edibles. Each ingestion method can have varying effects (like how long it takes to activate), therefore research and testing is needed to get your ideal treatment.
CBG Oil Drops
Oil Drops or tinctures are the most effective way of ingesting cannabinoids like CBG and CBD. They can either be taken sublingually (drops under the tongue) or orally when mixed with other liquids. This method allows for the fastest absorption and most direct route to the benefits of CBG.
For best results when using your tincture products, follow the steps below:
- Shake the bottle well. This ensures the liquid is properly mixed and will deliver a consistent amount of CBG for each serving.
- Administer under the tongue for best results. Use the included dropper to extract and deliver the desired amount of CBG directly under your tongue. Hold the liquid in your mouth for 60 to 90 seconds then swallow.
Repeat as necessary. Depending on the desired amount of CBG, servings can be dispensed and repeated periodically through the day or as needed.
Another popular ingestion method is CBG infused body oils and lotions. This is a convenient option for many, and can be especially effective when targeting specific areas for pain relief.
For best results when using oils and other topical products, follow the steps below:
- Apply the desired amount of cream and rub into your skin. A good rule-of-thumb is to use roughly 1 fingertip-full of topical and rub it gently into the affected area like you would a moisturizer.
- That’s it! Now it’s time to sit back and let it work. Make sure to gauge your reaction to the product and reapply it when necessary.
Where to Find Quality CBG for Your Health
Since CBG is not as extensively researched and commercialized as CBD, it may be hard to find products with exclusively CBG. It’s much more common to find products that combine cannabinoids, such as an oil with CBD & CBG for pain and discomfort relief.
No matter the product you purchase, however, it’s crucial to understand exactly what you’re taking. Most reputable vendors will have lab data either directly on their packaging or on their website to verify the ingredients and sourcing methods.
As we continue to learn more about the hundreds of different cannabinoids found in the Hemp plant, we’re even more encouraged about the future of this space.
By giving patients the option to choose all natural remedies like CBG for their existing health conditions and daily discomfort, we’re one step closer to stopping the widespread harm and side effects of prescription drugs.
Goat Grass is delighted to announce their infusion of CBD and CBG with it’s latest series of products; giving you safe, trusted benefits in the convenience of products you already use like topical oils and tinctures.